If you are a parent of a picky eaters, the struggle is REAL. It’s a struggle to find simple, delicious, and nutritious dinner option that EVERYONE will eat. This Kid-Approve Meatless Vegan Spaghetti is a total HIT! It’s one of our family favorites and is a sure knock-out-of-the-park!
It’s full of flavor, don’t fall apart easily, aren’t soft & mushy, and are totally easy to make!
Let’s roll-up our sleeves and get to work!
- 8 oz. tempeh
- 3/4 c. gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. onion, thinly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal + 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
- cooked gluten-free pasta for 4
- Heat teaspoon of oil on a nonstick skillet on medium heat. (Make sure the bottom of the pan has a nice thin coat)
- Mix all the ingredients together (SET ASIDE ABOUT 1/4 c. of the breadcrumbs for later.)
- Form into 1inch″ balls. Roll the each meatball into remainder breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Place vegan meatless balls into the skillet. Rotate vegan meatless balls until all sides nicely browned. Remove from the pan.
- On low heat, warm up the spaghetti sauce.
- Place the cooked noodles into the sauce.
- Wrap spaghetti in nest ball and Plate and top with meatballs.
- Serving Size: 1 tempeh ball
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g