Have a vegetarian hearty breakfast ready in minutes!! Whip up a vegan chickpea omelet for the kiddos! This is one our family favorites for a hungry child. It’s a delicious high-protein breakfast that will keep your child full all morning. Plus, it’s a delicious egg-free alternative to regular joe omelets.
This kids-approved chickpea omelette is the best thing since sliced bread! It’s vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and of course egg-free, but it tastes surprisingly hearty like egg omelettes and cooks up like magic!
Vegan Chickpea Omelets for children is super easy to make and you can add your creative spark to make it exciting for children. Just add your favorite veggies like mushrooms, peppers, spinach to create a face.
Throw in some vegan cheese to make it unbelievable delicious!
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (black salt for a more egg like flavor)
- 1/4 cup vegetables of choice
- 1 tablespoon oil (for frying)
- Combine and mix chickpea flour, salt, and nutritional yeast inside a mixing bowl.
- Add half of the water in the mixing bowl and mix well until it forms a smooth paste. Add the remaining water and stir again until the paste is smooth. Place aside.
- Dice up whatever veggies you desire to add to your omelet. (about ¼ cup of veggies per omelette).
- Place oil to a well-seasoned iron skillet or a non-stick frying pan
- Saute the vegetables on medium-low for about 3-5 minutes until they become tender.
- Remove the vegetables and add veggies to the batter and give the batter another good stir.
- Like as cooking a large pancake, turn up the heat to medium and pour the batter in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes until the top of the omelet no longer looks wet. (Feel free to place a lid on the frying pan for a minute or two to help it cook evenly.)
- Carefully loosen up the omelette with a spatula and flip the omelet to the other side and cook for 3-5 more minutes until it is no longer soft in the middle. (Make sure there is no wet batter left in the center).
- Top with vegan cheese and fold over so that the vegan cheese is in the middle.
- Add a handful of baby spinach to the middle of the omelet and it will soften with the melting cheese.)